Updated February 2022
You’ve already hit the snooze button five times.
You finally roll out of bed and drag your feet to the kitchen for your daily caffeine fix.
So much for being productive, right?
You need to make something quick before you start getting ready to head out. Ahh, maybe some cereal!
Uhhh, where IS the cereal?
Oh yeah, still on the dining room table from your midnight snack last night.
And you’re out of milk…
Sound familiar? It’s ok, I’m here to help.
Everyone wonders how I’m able to pop out of bed in the mornings and move through my “getting ready” process so smoothly.
The MAIN reason is that I’m a morning person (Yeah, I know, there aren’t that many of us around).
The other reason is that I have a solid morning routine in place that maximizes my productivity and keeps my energy up.
Wanna know my secrets? Keep reading.
1. Start The Night Before
Your morning routine really starts the night before, believe it or not.
What you do (or sometimes don’t do) at night will determine how productive your mornings will be.
I do a few things to ensure I set myself up for success in the mornings.
– Have my shower routine completed (it helps me sleep better)
– Limit electronics 30 minutes – 1 hour before bed
– Go to sleep at a decent hour ( I strive to get no less than 7 hours of sleep)
– Read a book to help me get tired
– Take 2 Melatonin gummies and drink a cup of Sleepy Time Tea (I wake up a lot throughout the night, so this helps tremendously)
Try your hardest to get the BEST quality of sleep each night. You’ll wake up feeling refreshed and ready to take on the day.
2. Wake up a Little Earlier in the Mornings
“Oh, so you want me to wake up EVEN EARLIER now!?”
Just hear me out, ok?
If I need to be out of the house by 7 am, I’m up around 5 am.
I like waking up a little earlier than required because it gives me time to get some extra things done before I leave, and it also helps me not be rushed in the mornings (I usually still end up rushing lol I’m just that type of person).
Current reasons why I wake up a tad bit earlier than needed:
– I’m working on my growing my blogging business, and I believe in getting work done for myself before I clock into my regular job
– I try to cook a quick and easy breakfast most mornings
– Some mornings I’ll get a workout in
– Light cleaning/quick chores that I want to get done (I like to knock this out as early as I can)
– I like to take some “me time” to calm my mind and focus on the things I need to accomplish that day
– Having reasons WHY you need to wake up earlier make it easier for you to actually do it.
I like to meditate about 30 minutes every day, and longer if I can fit it in! I meditate each morning to ground myself and to lower any feelings of stress or anxiety.
My days are pretty busy, so I NEED that time to myself to get my mind right!
I usually listen to calming music on the Meditation and Relaxation Music app.
After I meditate, I feel at peace and centered; like I can take on any challenge that comes to me. It’s amazing what our brains are capable of doing!
When I’m in balance, I’m more productive. If you haven’t tried meditating yet, DO IT NOW! It’s life-changing!
4. Eat a Proper Breakfast
How many times have you heard someone say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day!?
Eating a healthy, filling breakfast is a major key in having a productive morning routine!
I tend to make food that doesn’t take too long to prepare, BUT still tastes good!
Some easy meals for breakfast I usually whip up:
– Avocado toast with eggs
– A vegetable omelet with turkey bacon
– An avocado smoothie and a Larabar
– Ham and (dairy-free) cheese french toast
I typically eat my breakfast with a side of fresh fruit and some decaf tea or coffee. I can’t drink caffeine anymore because it makes me WAY too jittery now!
*Honestly, going caffeine-free may also be one of the reasons why my morning routine goes a lot smoother. I don’t get that “caffeine-crash” anymore.* Who would have thought!?
Well, those are some of my essential tips for having an effective morning routine! Let me know how they work for you!
Be sure to watch my Peaceful and Productive Morning Routine video below to get a more in-depth look at how I start my mornings.
Peace, love, and good vibrations.